Closing & Settlement Services
- Order title search for purchase or refinance
- Order survey
- Order payoff(s)
- Coordinate subordination of liens
- Order tax information
- Contact HOA or COA regarding outstanding liens and collect HOA or COA prorated fees
- Prepare title insurance binder for lender and borrower
- Provide lender with insured closing letter
- Provide wire instructions to lender
- Resolve title issues and unreleased liens, foreclosure process when applicable
- Resolve lien and judgment issues
- Collect water escrow or obtain water reading
- If appropriate, hold escrow for repairs or rent-back and provide escrow agreement
- Schedule settlement with broker/lender, borrower/buyer, seller, and/or realtors
- Confirm receipt of money from lender/others
- Prepare preliminary HUD-1s for purchasers, sellers, lenders and/or realtors
- Prepare HUD-1 pursuant to GFE and lender instructions
- Distribute HUD-1 to lender, broker, borrower/buyer, seller, and/or realtors for review prior to closing
- Disburse funds
- Create lender package
- Send payoffs by overnight mail
- Prepare documents for recordation
- Prepare releases and follow-up on releases due to Olde Key Title
- Record releases and/or certificates of satisfaction
- Prepare title insurance policies for lender and owner
- Close out any escrow and security deposit accounts
- Issue final title policy
- Return original deed to buyer and original deed of trust to lender
Closing & Settlement Attorney Services
- Review sales contract and other legal documents
- Examine title and requirements necessary to convey insurable title, free and clear of any liens or judgments
- Review survey and easements, encroachments, access or other issues
- Confirm or obtain releases of unreleased mortgages and deeds of trust
- Resolve title issues and chain of title issues, including verifying estates or foreclosures in chain of title were handled properly and have not created a "cloud on the title"
- Resolve lien and judgment issues (obtain letters of indemnification from previous title companies)
- Prepare subordination agreement if necessary
- Draft escrow agreement or rent-back agreement if necessary
- Prepare deed and any necessary affidavits required by the State of County for the Recorder of Deeds
- Conduct closing and provide copies to appropriate parties
Should you desire to contact us
Any questions should be directed to:
Lynn Caudle Boynton
Phone: (301) 294-3333
Process and close a mortgage transaction almost entirely online.
Estimate the costs of your hypothetical transactions, plan and budget, and compare closing costs.
Visit the blog for more information on professional real estate settlement closings and more.
Olde Key Title: Your key to successful real estate closings and settlements!
Providing Real Estate Closing Services for Montgomery County Maryland, Frederick County Maryland and Washington D.C.